Thread: Implosion beads
View Single Post
Old 2005-08-01, 6:34am
Mary Lockwood

I don't make great implosions, but I practice it a lot. LOL

I just implode the design up into the rod and when it gets as far as I want it, I start to direct the heat to where the rod is attached to the disk (the top), instead of directing the heat to the decoration that is being melted up into the disk. (The bottom)

If you keep the imploded part cool, and pointing down, eventually the rod will melt and stretch with the implosion facing forward. You get a decent lens of clear of it this way too. I'm not sure if this is the right way to do it...but it works for me.

After your implosion is facing forward and your rod is coming out of the top of it, this is the part where I punty up to the absolute bottom of the pendant and form my loop at the top. Once the loop is right, I grab it with hot pliers, snap off the bottom punty and flame polish.

Sometimes I cover the back with a different color, but not usually. If I were going to do that, I would do it after getting the rod of clear to go to the top of the pendant, but before I punty up to the bottom. Usually I press the back of the pendant into some gold aventurine powder, then put a layer of black over that.

Once the initial rod of clear is formed into the disk, it doesn't ever touch a marver again, so I can't answer the last question.

Hope you have good luck!
~~Mary

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.