View Single Post
Old 2008-05-29, 1:04pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Brady View Post
If we are to accept technical information as valid, it must come from an unbiased source that has no dog in the fight. Until some such source presents itself, it's appropriate to treat all claims with healthy skepticism.
What is healthy is to approach any information with a little bit of skepticism. Had we done that, we might not be in Iraq today, but that's another topic.

We do take technical informaton from biased sources all the time. Product specification sheets are prepared by the manufacturer. I trust that the manufacturer is printing the result of accurate testing. When results do not live up to their claims, then it usually is a third party that calls it out.

In this case, the only one forthcoming with test data is Kimberly. She has been very careful to line out her process of testing and show the results. She has also indicated a willingness to test newer models of equipment and has asked others to post their test results. I don't see any of the others going out and purchasing testing equipment. I don't see any of the others providing clear results of their testing. I do see a lot of accusations and opinions instead of clear discussion.

When a highly-respected torch manufacturer is looking for a reliable source for oxygen supply for their torches, one could expect they would check out the available products on the market. Who better to know which equipment runs their torches the best? This started simply as that. The initial testing was done before anyone associated with GTT was in the concentrator sales market. When the results were not as expected, then we began seeing the attacks at Kimberly instead of a healthy approach to find out what works and doesn't work.

--to some degree, we all have a dog in this fight if we need oxygen.

Ginko Beads
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.