View Single Post
Old 2008-05-30, 8:54am
PyronamixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxydoc View Post
Well, Thats what I get for taking someone elses word on the agreement. I was wrong and I do apologize. I was mis-informed. Of corse I dont remember signing the check from years ago, but its pretty obvious I did. If you would like, I will send a truck to pick up the units. I would be happy to take you up on your offer for the switch. Kimberly, I did not and would not intentionly call you or GTT liars. That is not in my nature. I am truely sorry for posting false info on this matter. The M20 worked well for MOST who purchased them, but not for all. Those who had issues were replaced. I dont have any claims posted that could be mis-leading. All the information I have aquired, came from Lampworkers themselves. EVERY SINGLE person who calls me to match up a generator with a torch, is told by me to ask around for better advise on what to use. At one time, we included Rich at Glasscraft to help with evaluation. He actually had a list that matched the torches with our machines. I never had a copy to use. Again, I am sorry to Kimberly, GTT and everyone who was mis-led by my statement. My intent was not mean or pointed at all. The M20 was not discontinued just improved. We felt that it could use another compressor, so we put it in a steel box. It was known as the M20 Tornado for a while then we just dropped the M20 part of the name. It is the Tornado, and is still in our line up. There was no need for a recall because they are still working well. I would love for a REAL list of torch specs to be posted somewhere. I dont hide the specs of my machines. They are posted all over my site. I will even lend any of my units to someone for REAL testing for REAL info purposes. I have no fight for anyone and I dont want one. I just posted some eronious info and I am very sorry for it. jack
Oh, O.K., Jack. Please don't take the following as mean (concerned, perhaps, but nothing mean intended) - my tone cannot be conveyed well over the internet.

You said that you took someone else's word on "the agreement" about the distributorship and that you don't remember GTT paying for the machines. Well, you should have known better than to think that I would have posted something that was untrue. Jerry Butler and Paul were constantly on the phone with you saying that they needed to check with you every step of the way. They were at our table, standing right next to Willy (GTT) talking to you about the unfolding events. GTT kept the correspondence they later received regarding the matter. But, again, I would not have said something with that much weight to it with so much confidence were it not the truth.

You say that, "I dont have any claims posted that could be mis-leading." Does that mean that your company's claims would have to be posted on a glass forum or website for them to be true? I would think that your company representatives' verbal claims about your machines' performance should mean something. And about posted claims, I notice that you once had a chart posted on your website for the machines currently in production that listed each machine's performance, including the claim that all but one of them produced 95% purity. Here is a thread thaht includes a screen shot of that chart: http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=91888 Those claims have been pulled off of your website and now there is just a statement that all your machines perform with a purity of 90% +/-3% for altitude variance. Which posted claims do people with your machines go by?

You go on to say that lampworkers, like Rich at GlassCraft (a friend of mine, btw) are responsible for the claims that were made regarding torch/concentrator performance, and that you did not have a copy of the sheet he made up, so you really don't know what was recommended. What the heck? Did you call the torch manufacturers or check the internet? O.K., Nortel, I understand, because I have asked a few times (even spoke with Peter, himself) for their information and never received it. But, for all the others, the information is available by contacting the manufacturers. That's what I did. In addition to relying on the numbers from the manufacturer, I also purchased and borrowed torches to have tested with a flow meter and a pressure gauge to see what was what. I take great care when fitting a torch to a concentrator to an artist. I put a lot of solid effort into the information I have compiled and into "fitting" a system. Why didn't you?

You are now saying that the M-20 evolved into the Tornado, with the addition of a second compressor and packaged in a new case. But, what about the M-15? Did the M-20 not also evolve (more closely) into that? Even Brent says that the M-20 is the old version of the M-15. By saying that the M-20 just evolved into the Tornado, it almost sounds as if you are now trying to distance the M-15 from the M-20. If so many of them (M-20s) did as well as you are saying, then why would you do that?

All of this, as well as your previous assertion that you are busy cleaning up messes Paul left you, makes it sound like everything is everbody else's fault. You sure sound like a politician. But, the difference is that you are at least manning up and saying that you will follow through and right all the wrongs, not just the ones against us.

Because of that, we will accept your apololgy and go through with the plan I outlined to have the old units replaced with new units and if they don't perform as promised after being tested, the purchase price gets refunded.