View Single Post
Old 2008-05-30, 9:11am
PyronamixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Smiley View Post
Kimberly, Do you have the information I asked for? What does the GTT line up require to run at 100%? This information should be readily available from your husband. Can you please post it?
Brent, I have already posted that information all over this site and others. I'll post it again on the data thread I am preparing.

Edit: Oh, but since you earlier discussed how the Hurricane was not powerful enough to run the Phantom without a booster... that may be true. It all depends on what you want to do with the torch. Last night, I was making soft glass beads using my Phantom on a single Regalia (putting out ~8 LPM at my altitude). For what I was doing that required the outfire (getting a long soft glass bead hot enough to press), it was just what I needed. Obviously, working hotter would require more.

UO claims that the Hurricane puts out 15 LPM at 20 psi. The Phantom needs between 35-40 cfh (16.5 - 18.9 LPM) to get its maximum usable flame. The pressure requirements are 15-20 psi.

Oh, and do you have an answer to the question I asked you, earlier? What did you mean when you said that you had to re-educate some people about what was possible on a concentrator? Were they expecting something and the machine not live up to it? What were they expecting? That's the problem with the subjective claims out there - they inevitably lead to disappointment.

Last edited by kbinkster; 2008-05-30 at 9:39am.