View Single Post
Old 2006-01-09, 8:12am

OK, don't laugh toooo much. Let's see, the top of this is double amber green with clear on top, the top half of the vessel is some kind of pinkish bubbly stuff, that was getting really hot so the rest is mystery adventurine with a couple stripes of clear and clear on the end. Well, it WAS a sample pack.

Anyway, I had to do this on the mini-cc with 2 oxycons and ng. It seemed to work pretty well! Like working with bread dough instead of pancake batter if that makes sense at all.

Still didn't get the Wildcat functional, long dramatic story. Wanna hear it? OK, it might serve as a what-NOT-to do lesson for somebody else.
My propane regulator is a one gauge jobbie. I've never worked with this before and won't be working with it again, it's goin' down. I wasn't sure how to gauge the psi from it, so called my son who has taken some welding classes. So, dummy me has this torch set directly across from my mini-cc that I'm working on at the moment. Now, I had tried to get the torch working previously and left the propane knob on the torch open to bleed the lines, shut off the tank and regulator and forgot about it. So, son comes here, goes over to the propane tank and turns it on without checking everything else, (my fault I guess, but he could have freaking said something), while I've got the mini on directly across from the Wildcat. All of a sudden a 3 foot flame shoots over my head. Well, not quite all the way over as soon enough I smell burning hair. It could have been much worse, like crispy critter time, but I just lost some fuzz on top. He felt really bad and vowed to never 'help' me again.

Eeeeeenyway, the boro was very nice to work texture-wise, but it'll take a long while I think to get good colors.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.