View Single Post
Old 2006-01-06, 9:37pm
Hummel factory reject

Default Boro, love it and Hi!

Hey Brent,

Couldn't help myself, had to delurk and come clean about my dilema. I have been working soft glass since about 1996 and use a LOT of soft glass beads in my jewelry line. I've always felt that it could take a lifetime to learn all of the reactions and heat control with soda lime glass. Add to that fine silver and gold and copper, yum it's endless. Anyway, in October I took a class with Sally Prasch. We were pulling points and doing implosions etc. Holy crap, I fell in love with boro. It takes so much abuse. The colors are gorgeous. I ordered a bunch of tubing and lots of color from Generation Glass (sale!!!).
Love the ease of making hollow beads, vessels etc with the tubing! Slowly learning all of the gorgeous colors... I'm hooked. I use a Lynx with 2 concentrators and I can feel the need for more fire already. The Lynx is great for most things except melting in color quickly. That is sort of tedious... I'm thinking of moving up to a Phantom! Do you think I could run a Phantom on one of these new uber concentrators? That would be sweet. Thanks for your enthusiasm. I would love to see people pushing their stuff to a new level. If I see another flower bead with a frog on it I'm gonna Croak! (little joke). Thanks