View Single Post
Old 2006-01-07, 4:45am
Serenity Now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurie L
If there were a teacher around these parts that used it I would LOVE - LOVE - LOVE to try boro....I love boro but its rather expensive to bring into Canada to experiment with.
Hi Laurie! Like Brent says...just go for it! I've been working with it for a couple of months...there's tons of great info on the GA and NS websites, as well as various forums on-line - certainly enough to get you started...As far as the expense - I live in Canada as well, and it's really not as bad as you may think...considering how little color you'll actually use for each bead/pendant/heart - whatever! Also, get lots of clear (it's super cheap), that way you can "experiment" with scultptual stuff, etc, and it'll cost you next to nothing!
For me, the best thing about boro is it's luminosity - I can, and do, sit and stare at the wonderment of it all...real magic! And I can't think of a better way to start my day than with some real cool kiln surprises!!!
I tried to come up with something negative to say, but cannot.
BTW, for now, I work with a Minor and tanked oxy - works a wee bit slower that soft glass, but so worth it!
Enjoy!
Val XOXO
P.S: As you can see in my "tiny-head", Teddy loves working it too! lol