View Single Post
Old 2006-01-07, 6:02am
boro color bender

Cindy, I think you hit on a good point... it is different. It definitely doesn't move as fast as soft glass in the same flame... but if you work soft glass in a boro flame, you run into the same problems. It's all about heat control and having the right tools for the job. While boro requires more heat to move at a good beadmaking pace, it pretty much stops moving when you pull it out of the flame. That's something I really had to get used to with soft glass (I dropped glass all over my table for a while )... once soft glass is liquid, it stays liquid much longer. With boro, once the heat is removed, it stiffens up really quickly. This ability to work in slower motion, lends to a lot more control. I imagine what ever glass you learned with, you will have some adjusting when you try the other. Both hold some really insightful lesson about the other glass. I find the similarities far outweigh the differences in the long run. Every little trick or technique can be applied somewhere in working the other glass.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley