View Single Post
Old 2006-01-07, 6:27am
im Loving it!

Okie pokies........

In my grand scheme of things, I intend to try my hand at Boro for sculpture etc.

At the moment i use my HH due to not having the right set up re: finished studio/safety etc.... that hopefully will all be sorted by March. Then, I shall be using my second hand Piranha with the intention of getting a Cuda at some point...

So, Ive been thinking that before going to expense of buying tanks an stuff and lugging them around, I will get a concentrator. So, first Q is, would it be possible for these M- 10 to be shipped to uk (soon, as Im in the market for it now in prep for March hehe)? Is it worth the cost of doing that? etc... (I have searched to see if they are available in the uk and I cant find them).

Or, alternatively.....would I be better off buying what I can in the uk? (suppose only I can decide that.stupid question lol)

I suppose Im one of these people who looks at all the options of equipment available that suits my future needs. Rather than buy something that will *do* for now and I end up regretting or wasting my money.

Plus, *if* by chance I make *that* huge mistake I can always sell it and probably cover my costs!

Im lucky enough not have invested in too much equipment, I feel that I would rather get the equipment that does *the job* of what I want use it for in the future now rather than keep upgrading all the time!

I dont intend to give up glass. My paid work does intend on giving me up later this year though lol. So when that happens I shall be taking the opportunity to *play with glass* on a more permanent basis.

Also, ventilation...... with Boro, do you need anything different to soft glass? (something else Im thinking about sorting now).

Probably the other issue I would have in the uk is supplies of Boro....... I think one place does it! An uk peeps know?

Ok Ive waffled on an on........sorry! hehe

Cheers Jenny