View Single Post
Old 2021-10-15, 12:16pm

UPDATE -
I managed to adjust my M10 oxycon to 6 psi to match my Airsep Elite. (I was assuming the pressures but checked them and was surprised to find the M10 at 4.5 psi) It required disassembly and regulator adjustment but it worked. While, I had the cabinet open, I also removed the "bio-filter" and replaced with tubing.
So, my M10 is pushing 8lpm at 6psi and my Elite is pushing 4lpm at 6psi. These settings theoretically give high O2 purity and it sure seems like it. The torch hisses if pushed and generates a big, hot flame. 12lpm seems to be a bit overkill for this torch but I just dial back the O2 using the knob, something I wasn't doing before. I even managed to incorporate a foot switch and check valve for the Elite so it can be 4lpm 'on-demand' with 8lpm constant. I love it!

Been working 26mm solid boro to make 1.5" marbles with no trouble at all. Also been making tons of tube prep. This little torch is awesome considering the price. Yeah, a Lynx would be better but also would have cost me easily $250 more (for new).

My next set-up will likely be a GTT Sidewinder w/Lynx center paired with a homemade HVLP 12-gal system. My calcs say I can run it with my current oxycons at a 20/10 duty cycle; 20 min filling to 120psi while still torching, then 10 min to drain tank to 90psi. This set-up provides an average of 9lpm at 15 psi which is basically using centerfire constantly with occasional outer-fire for melt-ins.

Hope this info help somebody

Last edited by rcktscientist; 2021-11-09 at 3:02pm.