View Single Post
Old 2006-06-28, 5:37am

Is there any way you can try each before buying? This is such a personal thing. I went with my Bobcat over a Minor (I know different class torch) because I didn't like the Minor's knobs and because of what I'd read about them.

I plan to replace my Bobcat as soon as possible and hope to be able to try others before I buy. It will probably be a Bethlehem torch. I've seen them in use, and like what I read.

Seems like some are brand loyal and others ready to jump ship. I'm not sure where the urban legends pop up about one company or another. But I think all companies have customer service issues. (Even owners of companies have bad days here and there.) Those who have had bad experiences tend not to want to do business with that company again. So if two torches are similar and someone brand loyal makes a recommendation there is bias. If someone who has had a problem makes the recommendation there is bias.

Too bad there isn't a way to include that in our suggestions without it becoming negative.