View Single Post
Old 2006-07-01, 8:56am
boro color bender

Nobody said a hard driving flame is all they are good for... but the hard driving flame they are better at than a CC is not necessary when working most tubing applications. The wider flame of the CC would be better suited for this type work in my opinion... and a CC isn't as hard on colors if you are working with the wider flame further out. Once you get out from the face, the premix centerfire isn't that harsh. Working on it in Mickelsen's studio really gave me some perspective on the CC. I just think the wider flame of the CC is going to give a more even heat base for this situation. That just makes it easier to heat the whole piece evenly to blow it out, with a lot less hassle. Best of luck, whatever torch you get. Hollow forms are fun, but tricky to master. Reading the heat base in the glass is most important. You want even glow all over. Get a case of 20-30 mil scalloped tubing. The lines will help you read the glass.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley