View Single Post
Old 2010-05-18, 10:48am

Thanks,Houkje..will be trying tomorrow.My day has been filled with appts and I did get kinda bad news.I have to have wrist surgery next monday and he told me to expect to stay overnight.He also said even though he has no xrays of my fingers and can't get them cause they are so curled..will go in and try to straighten them and do what he can.He is fusing my wrist as it was that or replacing my wrist.I have no bending mobility forward to back now but pain when I try or use it too much.The fusing will give me no extra mobility but will ensure that i can't move it so there won't be pain when I use my wrist.he said replacing it will not give me motility either so he is opting for the fusing.I hope the finger thing works out because if the circulation does not come back after he works on them he will have to amputate the 2.These are my pinky and ring finger.I would be heartbroken if he had to do that but it won't affect my lampworking fingers.Unfortunately I will have to have physical therapy for a while,so I have no idea how long it will be before I can torch again after this weekend.
I love my DR and have total trust in him..he knows what i do and says he will do everything he can to protect my lampworking fingers.He will also be doing my other wrist,and both knees but one at a time for those things.
Soooo..I have 5 days to torch.We had planned on going to our retirement place for the weekend but I won't go now..I have no kiln nor torch down there and I want to spend my last 5 days(for who knows how long)playing with my bead stuff.I just hope hubby will understand.
cool on those spiders..wow..they really ARE big..lol...eeeks!How long does it take to construct one?
Thanks again,
"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.