View Single Post
Old 2010-05-19, 5:52pm
Borovangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurieBSmith View Post
How do you plan to hold said bottles? the mental pictures I have are rather scary.....
I was wondering that myself. I tried heating a beer bottle sized bottle once and that puppy got hot. So if you were to cut it near the neck with a torch, you're looking at some heat in the glass, not to mention what'll come out the top as hot air.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalera View Post
I left the hole that was popped because I didn't feel like dealing with it, but Christmas ornaments and glass floats don't explode in annealing...
I actually did have one blow up in the kiln once. Thank goodness for 4" thick kiln doors!

2Sheds....I've never tried it with bottle glass, but you might try this technique. Keep in mind that anytime glass breaks some is lost as dust/particulate so you'll never get a truly clean edge.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4yovEi7j7E

Oh, and I've hit wine bottles with flame before....they crack easily, so be careful.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|