View Single Post
Old 2008-07-30, 6:54am
Lampworker

i have 3 Unlimited O2 huricanes.

the first one had to be sent back within the first 2 weeks for fixing.
the second one worked fine when i got it
the third one had to be sent back to be fixed also.
dont know what the actual problems were.

UO took care of all shipping to and from and i now have 3 working generators.
the oldest one has been working for almost a year without any problems. the other two have been running for about 6 months with no problems.

1 huricane will power 1 lynx 100% or 2 lynxes with a little push/pull in the higher O2 flames
2 huricanes (T'd together) will power 3 lynxes 100% with very little push/pull, or will power a phantom at 90-95%, or a Carlile CC at 85-90%. it all depends on your torch settings and how fast you want to work.

i am still waiting for my 4th huricane so that i can power 6 lynxes with 4 huricanes.
i am still waiting for my complimentary 1st filter replacements.

i highly suggest using GTTs on generators because they are the most efficent torches and use less O2 than a carlile, national or minor. knowing how to use your blue valve and turning down your green valve makes these torches very efficent and able to run on less oxygen which enables you to hook up 2 lynxes to 1 huricane and still be able to work at about the same speed.

These machines cannot be switched on and off lots of times a day....they are better if you turn them on and work for 1-4 hours. once you shut them off you have to wait 10 min before you turn them back on.

they sound like window air conditioners. i can barely hear them over my fan and music.