Thread: Devardi cracks
View Single Post
Old 2009-11-17, 4:29pm
I fart diamonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam View Post
Hi Shawnette, First let me say that I have a lot of respect for you as an artist and I don't have a problem with anyone electing to use Devardi if they are making that decision with all the facts in place, which you obviously are. I think what happened in this thread is that people started trying to help and then Devardi users came in to say what a wonderful glass it is, etc., etc. I think at that point it is important to let people who have no knowledge of this glass know that it is not this "wonderful new glass", but rather a glass that is known for having certain propensities, much more so than usual for first quality glass. So, perhaps if those using Devardi would be more objective in their appraisal of the glass, then others won't feel the need to chime in and give their points of view.

Also, I just have to say, using the name Devardi and comparing it in any way to BE is really just blasphemy, but then you know how I feel about BE.
Thanks Pam. That's a great compliment coming from you.

You are absolutely correct about people being honest and if you go back and read the first posts, no one was saying "what a wonderful new glass" Devardi is. All of the initial responders talked about cracking issues and our experience (or non-experience) with them. It was the Devardi bashers who came in with nothing constructive to add to the conversation.

Lol. Squid brought up BE, though. Not me. It's true, there's no comparison between the 2.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.