View Single Post
Old 2005-09-24, 1:58pm
Mary Lockwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolimasa
One thing you may want to consider... will that hotter torch require more oxygen??? When iI was considereing the midrange plus I got the distinct impression that it would take 2 concentrators to run the midrange part. If thats the case for your new torch of choice, maybe you should go ahead and get that 2nd concentrator now. If all works out I'll be getting a second concentrator next week... I'll let you know how it goes. I want the second concentrator because I often have reduction problems (gray crap in rubino... yuk) probably because I work to close to the torch head because I'm impatient. I'm sure it's easier for me to change my equipment than change my bad habits!
Yep, absolutely. That is why I'm wondering whether I should just do both. Go ahead and move forward with the second concentrator so that I've got it behind me for the next one.

I have been wanting to get another oxycon anyway so that I'm not SOL if the one I have now quits working or needs serviced. Right now, if the oxycon dies...I'm out of the loop til it gets fixed or replaced.

I have a reduction issue as well on my minor. I know it is from trying to run more propane than the amount of oxygen that I have can handle...but I just can't make myself turn the torch down. I have noticed that little by little, I have moved from a very modest flame when I first started with the minor, to a pretty good sized blaze. This isn't the right way to run this torch and I get a lot of carbon, which thank goodness it's a minor and I can just scrape it off and move on!

Something definitely needs to happen. Maybe boosting the torch I already have by adding some more oxy will placate me for a while. That way I could get a better pair of glasses while I'm at it and start heating some boro.

~~Mary
Who never thought she would turn into a flame whore but sees it happening anyway!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.