View Single Post
Old 2005-09-24, 4:26pm
Ad astra per aspera

I just had to add something. The Red Max ROCKS! I've gotten to use one at the Mesa Arts Center a few times (it's my toy of choice over there) and I love it! However, it's VERY hot. Quite honestly I think it's verging on too much if all you're going to use is Moretti. Even for Gaffer you've gotta work fast and be careful. My hands always end up "sunburned" and I keep feeling like my 12" mandrels (I work in the middle) are too damned short. OTOH, if you're using boro and/or working back & forth between hard & soft, I'd say grab it and run! You can always get a minor as the top mounted torch, though I prefer the premix that I have (which is way fun with a hush tip!). It IS a fuel and oxy hog, though. You need tanked oxy and gas, just no way around it.

Oh, one more thing. Got my Midrange Plus connected today. I'm now on NG and an Onyx+ generator. It's heaven!!!!! Quiet, hot and UNLIMITED! I'm soooo happy it's finally done.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.