View Single Post
Old 2005-10-04, 9:58pm
Wild at Heart!

Dang! (sticks finger in ear) is someone yelling in here??

I took one lesson on a minor and was told by my instructor Leah Fairbanks to buy a minor because I could grow with it. I've done a LOT on my minor and I love it. I used it with a concentrator and hated it. Didn't seem like there was any room to crank up the flame to make big beads so I stick with my tanked air. I keep 3 tanks.. 2 large and 1 small and air gets delivered to my door (the guys at Airgas like me ) I've never had anyproblems with in the 3 years that I've had it.

I also own a Mini CC and I love it too.. I don't like how hot the knobs get but other than that, it give me more oomph to do some of the boro stuff. I've only had it a short time and I just go the crowley marver for it. I've got to get my other ventilation on that side before I crank up the boro production (insert hearty laugh)

One of these days I'd like to get a bigger torch and do some sculptural boro stuff, I talked to one artist who said the Phantom is the ONLY way to go, but I'd really like to try one first.

I tried a Wildcat at Glass Stock briefly and liked it. It would be great if there was a place to try out several different torches before you buy!

Kristi

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

??