View Single Post
Old 2006-02-11, 6:57am
Bitten by the travel bug

The funny thing about all this is...that the size flame that i was refferring to nat as 'small' for my stringer work, seems to be turning into the working size...so im not sure how small everyone means when they say pinpoint flame. I just keep turning the damn thing down and still boiling the glass. grrrr
also, does anyone know why this would be happening.... when I turn the oxy on (so flame is already lit) sometimes the oxy kind of blows the flame out and away from the torch...so its still burning, but not in contact with the torch head, there is a gap. Then it goes out. I have managed to get it to burn properly after a couple of tries, but im not sure exactly what im doing to fix it. Ive tried turning the propane up before adding oxygen, and I add the oxy slow, so I wont blow it out, but it could also just be the concentrator running better after a few sec's, im just not sure. any hints??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.