View Single Post
Old 2020-04-09, 4:16pm

Default Invacare platinum 10 dropping in oxygen purity as it runs.

I got an as is invacare platinum 10, 10 LPM, concentrator with 12300 hours on it.

When i was checking it out when i picked it up, it seemed fine.

When you turn it on, the green O2 light comes on, everything sounds good, and the torch is happy.

After about 5-7 mins, the yellow light comes on meaning the oxygen concentration has dropped to 73-85%.

After 20-30 mins it falls below 73% and alarms out, throwing a RED RED GREEN alarm indicating oxygen below 73%.

This cycle restarts every time you turn it back on if you let it sit for a few mins. It will always start off running strong at acceptable O2 levels and will eventually alarm out.

Things i have tried-

Filter clogged? Nope. Took filter off entirely, same result.

Low O2 in room? Nope, ran it outdoors, same result.

Too much back pressure in the line? Nope, ran it without any O2 hose attached at all. Same result.

Leaks? No major ones that i can find with soapy water. I found a small one at the valve between the two zeolite beds, bit i fixed that and it didnt help.

Ive found very little info, but mayne it could need new sieve beds?

I really have no clue what the hell im doing with these things. Im far from an electrician.

If it needs major work, i much rather just hire someone who knows what they are doing to do it so it gets done right. I really dont feel like trying to bake zeolite in my oven or something like that lol. So if you know any good repair guys, let me know.

I know the 4 way valves crack sometimes, but from what i can tell, that doesn't seem to be the case here. Could be wrong though.

Thank you!

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk