View Single Post
Old 2014-02-18, 8:27am
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedingpullet View Post
I wouldn't necessarily say 'a lot'. A few of the older operating systems may not support HTML5, but its no reason for me not to just go ahead and learn it anyway.

I guess I was more interested in your energetic interest in me not learning something new, rather than in the few people I'll miss connecting with, who are still using the older iterations of IOS Safari…

Anyway, thanks to all who gave advice! I'll bow out now before I put my foot further into my mouth...
I never said not to learn something new. If you want to learn it, then by all means do so.

I am just speaking from experience. I get a lot of clients asking for a "HTML5" site. That's all well and good, but if you don't have fallbacks in place, you can pretty much break a site for older browsers.

If someone really pushes the issue, I'll put all the HTML5 bells and whistles into their site. But inevitably they come back to me saying they had a customer claim they couldn't access their site, or that their site looked funny on their home computer or their phone or whatever.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.