View Single Post
Old 2010-03-11, 11:56am
lurking on LE since 2005

You are absolutely right, it wouldn't make sense to sell a tutorial on something that could be found anywhere, and I'm not.

The way I encase is a very weird way to encase. I've never seen anyone do it like this, but it doesn't mean that no one has. When Deanna asked me about it for her book, I couldn't credit it to ANY encasing method she was using in the book. She attributes my bead in there to me using the toothpaste end to end method, but I never ever do that.

I am familiar with the dot method, and swipe and blob and this is not any of those, but obviously has to incorporate parts of these-as I've said, there's only so many ways to put glass on a bead.

I'm not trying to be a commercial, but I would love for the people who are taking issue with the tutorial's method to show me where they've seen it. I've been making beads for over 9 years, taken countless classes and have never had any instructor show me this method. That list includes notables like Lisa St. Martin, Andrea Guarino, Brad Pearson, Caitlyn Hyde, Jennifer Geldard, John Winter, Michael Barley....

I'm not intentionally hawking something everyone already knows how to do, and lying about it's uniqueness. it really is a different way to encase that I worked out myself to encase very thinly with no bubbles.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
J-55

Check out my Encasing and HOLLOW tri-color Tutorials in my Etsy shop-and my NEW encased, layered, feathered bead!