View Single Post
Old 2016-01-03, 8:22pm
Got Honey?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaleesi Dane View Post
Okay, this is a two part question, first part is open to anyone who knows the answer, ( please no conjecture, looking for facts and first hand ) second part is asked of those of you who teach.

1.). Will fake nails, or heavily polished nails actually catch fire? And how close do they need to be to the average torch flame?

2.). As an instructor, if you see a student come in with silly super long nails do you proceed with their instruction? Or do you site safety, and not let them torch? Do you just warn them thoroughly?

I have heard this rumor, but since I don't wear em any more, I never really paid attention, but as I approach my potential first teaching on a torch situation, I figured I aught to ask!!

Thanks in advance!
The answer is no they will not catch fire but they will burn, turn black and flame a bit when directly in the flame, (don't ask me how I know LOL) In answer to your second question I believe I would warn that it could be possible for ones nails, when worn extremely long, to get burned if too close to the flame and if they wish to proceed then they do it at their own risk.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.