Thread: Pawprint?
View Single Post
Old 2011-09-24, 12:55am

Ok, I found my paw punch finally. One side is smoother than the other, and it's easier getting a nice impression; just run your thumb across the cut-outs, and you'll feel the difference. These photos show the tear down progression.

Use a press to shape the bead, then reheat one side and push the punch into it. The bead flattens when doing this, so try to offset that by putting the bead back into the bead press bottom first. I usually hold the press with my hand, although you could use tweezers or pliers to hold it. It does get hot, so I only make one bead before letting it sit for a while to cool off.

It's hard for me to get that nice impression and still keep the bead decently shaped. See photo of this bead's side -- not so great. Trying to keep a crisp paw and flame smooth the sides isn't easy. I know -- PPP!

Hope this helps anyone interested. Thanks for your compliments, too. I'd also love to see others' paw beads.
Cheryl

ps For the prints created by dots -- use your marver to flatten the dots -- don't melt them in completely flat.