View Single Post
Old 2015-09-27, 11:30am

Smile

Gutten tag! Lucio works in Italian Effetre, 104 COE. We have had boro students in the past. It is a little more a challenge to wrangle the soft glass, but it is a good discipline for boro users. The most prominent boro flame workers, off the top of my head, that have studied with Lucio, are Lewis Wilson and Joe Peters. I know there are more, but these two I know personally.

In class Lucio uses clear colors for instruction because it is "stiffer", in his opinion, and better for learning with than the softer opaque colors like ivory that is signature for his work. That said, he certainly uses plenty of clear grey, red, yellow, etc in his work in creating his intricate scroll work and figures. "Boro boys", as they are referred to by the Italians, are always welcome in the group! There are a couple Muranese masters I am friends with that work in boro, so it is starting to be more recognized in Murano. I can also introduce you to them. Coincidentally, they work with German torches, BTW.

We work a-la-Italian style where you let the glass cool as you are working, similar to how some boro is worked. Annealing is done in batches and at interim strategic stages. He builds on the figures in a progressive series practiced over time to work in his figures. He is more than capable of guiding you in your quest. Shoot me some images of your work (via email is best) and I can involve Lucio in your query.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Ofilia; 2015-09-27 at 11:32am.