View Single Post
Old 2006-01-28, 4:03pm
Goddess

Mar, those are really beautiful! Since you like to experiment, try putting small strips of silver leaf after you've cooked in the copper, then burn that in. Don't cover the whole bead with it, just in places so you can see what it does. You really have some beautiful colour there! I think you definitely cooked it enough because your colour is shining through nicely with no ugly black/grey junk. I have never tried the copper without enamel so I am not sure how well that works or what sort of reactions you get without it.

I use a Carlisle and I work in a neutral flame. I do use other stuff to get the verdigris that I get, but I am not ready to reveal all my secrets just yet. My main aim with this tutorial was to show how to burn the copper in and get colour with it, instead of grey ash. Experiment and see where it takes you. You've got the technique down, now you just need to play. Great job!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.