View Single Post
Old 2022-05-18, 3:57pm
Sam I Am

Let's talk about ventilation. Even now, years after we were all wandering around in the darkness of ignorance, the exact easy answer to ventilation does not exist.

Michael Aurelius's Primer https://mikeaurelius.wordpress.com/ventilation-primer/
Is great. Your head might explode doing the math...it sure gave me a headache. There are also some variables that are not covered. Mike was very nice helping me fill in the answers to my questions. Thank you sir!

For individual torches this tutorial by Andrea Guarino is excellent, http://www.andreaguarino.com/read-me

One of the reasons there is no standard answer is there is no standard set up. Each of us has a different studio set up so a different need.

There is also a lot of "ventilation shaming" out there. This makes people hesitant to share for fear of being called out as having bad ventilation.

I'm going to share what I'm doing. After a unpleasant 1st meeting with the guy who is going to build mine we have got a plan. Why was it unpleasant? He builds restaurant hoods, he was not aware that our needs as flameworker are different. We are not only dealing with heat & fumes but possible small particulates (enamels). Our torches are susceptible to air movement. Hamburgers aren't .Also a little " ego deafness" on his side he know his way of doing things and a little " female who knows her shit trying to explain to a male who's not listening..
Anyone who knows me know I'm not going to backdown if I can find another way to explain my point.
Good news is we got there using both of our expertise.
See the next few posts for what we decided

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.