View Single Post
Old 2007-10-08, 11:36am

I have a TuffShed and love it. (Hi Lisa!) Mine is 10 x 12 and I picked Lisa's brain for ideas. We live in a very restricted area and as long as the height was not over a certain amount, you were not encroaching on any easements, it was not on a slab, and it could not be seen from the front of the house, It matched the house, and you got approval - it was ok. I did my homework before I started. We used HardiPlank on the exterior, insulated the walls, sheetrocked the walls and ceiling, added a track light to the ceiling and lots of amps for more electricity than I will ever use.
If I had it to do over again, I would have put in a larger window on one side so I could have a larger AC. It gets really hot when I light the torch and have the kiln going but it is very hot in Texas. Winters are great because all I need is a little space heater and usually have to turn it off after I get going on the torch. I have 3 windows - 1 on each side and 1 on the front by the door. My torch area is on the back wall where the vent hood it attached. My work surface is a desk from IKEA that I added a sheet of stainless steel to the top. I love my desk. My floor is just cheap stick on tiles that look like wood. I have a couple of little burn marks on it but I keep water close by just for that purpose plus a fire extinguisher. Even when I dropped a molten bead, it just melted the vinyl and little. One thing that I was told was to always have your fire extinguisher by the door so you can get away from the torch and out the door before you try to use it and call the fire dept. I always keep my cell phone in my pocket when I am outside. My chair is on casters and I can push away in a hurry. My Propane is outside and I run the hose through the window when I am using it. Here is a bad photo, but you can see most of the layout.
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.