View Single Post
Old 2013-05-13, 5:40pm
Boro-holic

Default SCG: Best Boro Supplier on the Net

I confess – I have been negligent and now I want to do the right thing, publicly. I should have written immediately but was in the middle of moving my home & studio. My testimonial of SCG’s unbelievable commitment to excellent customer service, un-exaggerated and ALL true:
You had an awesome sale a few months back on Schott rod & tubes which were shipping direct from Schott. Pricing was too good to be true. I order a case of each which were both savagely trampled by UPS. The UPS stud told me to refuse the packages so I did and I called you. I spoke with Donna and she was beyond gracious insisting (before the packages had even been returned) that she would be sending out replacements IMMEDIATELY, cut in 1/2 and double boxed. (Much better that way!) They arrived perfectly, but the story doesn’t end here. The tubes I ordered were ex-heavy-wall (4mm) and I received heavy-wall (2.8mm). That’s OK I told Donna, I’ll see what I can do with these, the deal was great and it was an honest mistake. SCG had already exceeded my expectations and had to be out some $$ already, right? Donna would not hear of it and would not settle for less than perfect. At their expense I’m sure – the correct 26 x 4mm EX-heavy wall tube was shipped immediately: double-boxed AND cut in half. She insisted that I keep the wrong sized tubes. We all know that SCG ate it big on the shipping charges alone, but when I mentioned that I felt bad Donna wouldn’t hear of it calling it “a learning opportunity” for their new company. Now I ask you readers, when was the last time you received customer service like that???
Just call me a devoted customer and fan for life!