View Single Post
Old 2009-04-20, 11:05am

Default Sounds Like...

[quote=Ofilia;2465969][quote=mikefrantz;2463198]
For those of you going, try to bring clothes that dry quickly. There are washing machines in the apartments, but they are small and there are no clothes dryers, only a clothesline and good weather will dry your clothes. I do think there is two facilities on Venice for doing laundry.
Quote:

I would also recommende that you bring your own cloths pins! There are very few there this year?! SO, if you don't want your undies to land in your downstairs neighbors courtyard, or on the canal sidewalk where likely doggie poo-poo will give your clean laundry unwanted staining, be sure to secure your laundry on the lines!

The weather has already started to be uncommonly warm, so May should bring you all wonderful hot days to dry your cloths quickly!

Ciao! Have a great time there
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!
Sounds like you have lived in the same apartments that I have lived in on Murano, and of course you have and you are 100% right on. But, why not just buy some overpriced clothespins at the market on Murano along with some bananas? I have always thought that May is the finest time of the year to visit Venice. October can be just as nice. Being from the Northwest U.S., anything over 75 degrees is getting on the toasty side. And at 70 degrees I am in my shorts and T-shirt, but I am always in my T-shirts!

Wicking clothes works best and now that the price has come down since at one time it was only available at Travel Smith at $25 per pair of t-shirt or underwear, these items have come down in price. But I find that thick, wicking socks still take a wicked time to dry! I have had to take undergarments and ironed them to remove the wetness on days when the evaporation is not happening at all.

On one trip we hung clothes where ever we could find a spot and I was to find out a new term of Aqua Morta which is Water Death and when you put clothes in an area like a closet where there is no air circulating it is like leaving your wet clothes in the washing machine for a few days! Yuk!

I may be headed off to Italy a few days earlier than my ticket now shows, that is if I can get into my apartment two days earlier and can change my ticket to two days earlier and find an upgrade for a better seat and then get a flight that leaves two hours earlier. Leaving two hours earlier will not get me into Venice two hours earlier, but it will give me an extra two hours between the time I arrive at Heathrow and the time I leave from Gatwick to get to Venice. When flying with British Air, you land in London, but then you have to take a train or a bus to Gatwick, and fly from there to Venice. That extra two hours allows me to go into a lounge and take a shower and have a good meal.

In-as-much as I love Italy, I have gotten to that point where I think that the excitement of going is wearing down, but as I come within two weeks of my departure, I can feel the excitement brewing again. I think the most fun will be taking guests around who have never seen Venice or Murano before. It beats the crap out of "Small World" at Disneyland.

For those going, stay healthy, do not get a cold or the flu, be ready for a trip of a lifetime and start thinking about how you are going to get back there for a second time since after a short week there will not be enough to satisfy your needs. Murano is magical, Venice is a treat and the food and wine out just out of this world. And if you do not like pasta or seafood, why are you going? But there is a McDonalds and a Burger King if needed.

Mike Frantz

Frantz Art Glass Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Torch Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike's phone: 800.839.6712 ext 206