View Single Post
Old 2013-07-18, 1:51am
TJ

It is okay for moisture; this was on a website selling it: "The housing on this inline fan is made of galvanized steel and has a baked epoxy coating. This fan is moisture resistant which makes it approved for installation in humid or damp environments. The motor is an external rotor type asynchrony motor and has maintenance free sealed ball bearings and are protected from over heating by thermo contacts. Please note, this fan must not be used for transporting grinding dust, soot or similar materials."

The manufacturer is in Sweden... I could not find any further explanation for this CAUTION message, other than the fact that ALL of their fans seem to have that caution.

And now, I have a 2nd concern, after reading this:

"Features:

Auto-reset automatic thermal overload protection"

Now don't tell me that means the thing is going to shut itself off everytime I use the torch, due to hot air? Or is that simply protection from the motor itself getting overheated? Then again, is the air coming from a torch hot enough to make the motor itself overheat??

Oh geez, in all the reading I did on LE about setting up ventilation, I never came across "get a fan without thermal protection feature" or " get a fan the specifically says "good for dangerous fumes".

...anxiously awaiting more expert LE ventilation people to chime in...

-Tami
My Mission and metier: to mindfully and meticulously master the movement of marvelous molten, both mentally and manually, in order to metamorphosis a melting mass into meretricious, memorable makings.

Last edited by TJ; 2013-07-18 at 2:07am.