View Single Post
Old 2016-03-30, 4:30pm

Disclaimer: Not currently an active flameworker, but my current burners are a mini-CC and a Hellcat.

1) I have heard that the knobs on Carlisle burners get hot if you use too small of a flame or run the flame so it starts too close to the face of the burner.

2) I would recommend trying out your mini-CC with the higher capacity concentrator. First, you are used to using the mini-CC and second, the full capacity of the mini-CC is rated at about 7 lpm.

3) I have not heard of any modification that is necessary to use a concentrator previously rated for medical use in order to use it for lampworking. The only modification I can think of is how to connect your oxygen concentrator to your burner, and it is either removing the hose barb for tubing if you want to use a welding hose, or attaching an adapter to go from the barb to a threaded fitting.

4) From what I have heard, the mini-CC has more radiant heat than most other equivalently sized burners. Perhaps your problem will go away if you are using flames that are not limited by your nominal 5 lpm oxygen generator. Depending on the oxygen concentrator, you may have been operating with reduced oxygen concentration at your maximum flow rate.

Last edited by De Anza Art Glass Club; 2016-03-30 at 4:34pm.