View Single Post
Old 2016-03-30, 8:56pm

I'm using the Hellcat for Soft and hard glass tubing.

I won't be near a burner for a couple of days, so I can't look at flames. I'm not talking about the quality of the flame, but where the colored part of the flame starts. But I shouldn't talk about that anymore, until I can find some written documentation or I can actually run a burner. So, let's disregard this for now.

According to the current Carlisle description, "standard usage" for the mini-CC is 1.5 lpm of propane at 2 psi and 7 lpm of oxygen at 5 psi.
http://carlislemachine.com/as_benchburners/minicc.php

I've been wanting to get a propane flow meter. But I have to ask, are you sure you are looking at psi, not lpm? A propane flow meter is unusual and would most likely look like the little ball gauge that you are mentioning for oxygen flow.

Here's what it looks like to me: Assuming you are using a flashback arrestor, you are using a propane pressure of 5-1/2 to 6-1/2 psi, which is a little higher than Carlisle's recommendation. You can continue with that since that is what you are used to, or maybe try a little lower pressure. You can't control the pressure output of the oxygen concentrator (unless you have an OSGI brand machine) and the little ball should be set at less than 10 when the oxygen concentrator is running but not connected to anything, but the flow will actually be determined by the position of the green knob on the burner.