View Single Post
Old 2021-12-08, 12:54pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotglassBurns View Post
Thanks folks! I really appreciate your input!

The ANNEALING problem is the 920 for 2 hours caused the o-v-o to turn opaque pink & theia to turn very dark that it looks black!! So how do I anneal? Lower temp again & lengthen the time? I actually wrote to DH about that & some questions concerning their terminology on their frit & how to use it when striking/reducing. I’ll share. That annealing problem make sense ESC? Sorry I didn’t describe it clearer first time!!

Again thanks everyone for your help!!!

Just to mention again with the o-v-o: I found that if I purposefully tried to do the strike method (cool, then reheat), it would end up cloudy after annealing every time. So I just work the bead like normal, without the purposeful strike, and it ends up working much more nicely. When I see it get cloudy before going into the kiln, I know it will be overstruck and fully opaque after annealing.

I would also suggest thinning out the Theia. When I make solid-colored Theia beads, they end up darker than I'd like, but over a core of clear, the color really shines. For the size of the beads you're making, I'd think the annealing schedule shouldn't be an issue. I only hold my beads for 30 min. at 920 before ramping down, actually. (I don't make many large things.)

Lovely Melia colors!