View Single Post
Old 2010-07-25, 7:03pm

Quote:
Each time a customer places an order on hold , we have to process the order and it goes something like this:

1. Print the web order
2. Verify the information of the customer
3. Transfer the web order to a sales pick ticket
4. Have somebody verify that it was done correctly
5. Log in the order
6. Fill the order
7. Check and make sure the order was picked correctly
8. Invoice the order
9. Pack the order
10. Print the UPS label
11. Process the paper work at the end of the day

One of the great advantages of our Hold Policy was that customers could take advantage of our weekly sales, but we soon found out that when a customer just ordered highly discounted glass, the was no profit, just expense after doing all the work to make the order happen.
Forgive my ignorance - I don't know if I'm missing something - but how is one customer placing multiple sale-only orders different than one customer placing one sale-only order? Wouldn't it be no profit either way? You'd be following all the same steps, just with a delay to put a box aside...

Loved the hold policy, pretty sure I was one of the ones that exceeded the minimum without a problem...
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
It made it easier to justify multiple items - especially with the sales - when I really was only interested in one or two colors. So instead of shopping and picking up 5 pounds of glass total, I'd do in two or three orders combined, and you'd be shipping 20 lbs... From my experience, it increased the amount I would order, which I would think would be better for you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
:~
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon