View Single Post
Old 2012-06-19, 9:01am

I have three torches. A Herbert Arnold, a Mega Minor and a Wildcat. The Wildcat is great for my fish and Keepers and large sculptural work. My fish are about 3" long from nose to tail. For the detail, the flame is very bushy and fluffy so stringer decor for instance is very easy. The thing that the Wildcat won't do that my Herbie will, is adjust down to a fine needle point flame. I don't need that feature too often though. There are advantages to having more then one torch. I feel between the three of mine, I have every atmosphere that I need to make just
about anything. I am not a fan of GTT torches. I have used them to teach several times and I find them to be too focused, and difficult to adjust.

Also, I sometimes use two torches. I have a Japanese torch that I use to keep large pieces warm while I work the details on another torch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenne View Post

Cynthia, your keepers and fish look like a decent size, what approximate size do you work? With the Wildcat, how do you feel it handles small detail work? Not sure if you solely use the Wildcat or need a secondary for detail?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.