View Single Post
Old 2014-01-13, 11:59am
Experimentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass Lady View Post
Laura, I really like what you did with my photography...much better than my attempt.
Can you tell me exactly how you did it?
The basics are that I found a spot in your background that was probably supposed to be absolutely white (not the whole background... just one little spot that looked like it was supposed to be whiter than other parts). That's one of the things most people do wrong... they just pick an area that they THINK is supposed to be white and click on it (as described below) without realizing there are lots of shades of white and it makes a difference for you to look for the absolute brightest white spot you can find.

In the future, I advise putting something very white (a small flat item that you will crop out later) into the photo. That, then, can be the thing you click on.

Anyway, hit CTRL+L. This will bring up the pop-up window for LEVELS.

Click on the far right eye-dropper (if you hover over it it will say "Set White Level")

Then find that brightest white spot in your photo and click on it.

If that doesn't look right, just keep clicking in different areas until you get what looks right to you.

Then click OKAY.

Sometimes there just isn't a good white to be clicked on. In that case, there are other options but they take a bit longer to explain than I have time for now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.