View Single Post
Old 2011-08-19, 10:47pm

Default A tutorial or advice for this?

I want to make Princess Isabella's circlet and side cauls from Braveheart pictured here: http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2090303744/tt0112573

It looks as though there is a flat piece of wire furtherest down on the forehead and separate from all the other pieces. Above that, are more wires but not sure how they are combined to form the circlet. I am also interested in how the side cauls are attached to the circlet. I know the cauls themselves have netting that has been woven but it looks as thought the frame for the netting is wire and that there are individual wires mixed with the netting though I can't tell if the wires are over or under the netting.

Does anyone know of a tutorial that might address similar wireworking? Any ideas on how to reproduce this or something like it? I'd consider anything from wireworking techniques to working with silver clay. I am a total beginner so would appreciate any tutorials or information that a beginner could work with to complete something similar to this. Is this something a beginner could do or is it impossible?

Thank you for any help you can provide! I simply don't know where to begin so anything is a help!