View Single Post
Old 2011-01-03, 9:57am

The "vortex" that I am talking about is not like what you've described. It's where you have all these different stringer colors on a base bead that all kind of meet, you melt them in, and then with a clear rod (not a stringer) you heat it up that area, plunge the class rod and swirl. This causes a a clear "tunnel" into the bead and everything else is swirling around. A few years ago there was a Lampwork class at B&B and this bead was taught. The teacher took a leave from lampworking & doesn't teach anymore. I have a friend that took that class and those bead are gorgeous...but people who know it, don't want to part with the info. I've also searched for this and it's almost impossible. I'd have to dig in my B&B stash to find the year it was taught.

Kathie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kathie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.