View Single Post
Old 2010-05-05, 10:06am

Don't buy a whole bunch of glass of every color of the rainbow (except red!) until you buy just SOME and figure out what you like working with. Sure, transparent glass is pretty and all, but I find myself rarely using it! Opaque red, on the other hand, I find I enjoy working with... So much so that I completely forgot that I only had the one, single rod that came in the sampler until I only had about 2 inches left of it!

It's just not possible to "pick up" and reposition a dot, no matter how hard you try. Nudge, yes. Reposition, no.

Find a storage system that works BEFORE pulling out one rod of every color you own and going to town experimenting. (My brother threw a party -- I'm stealing his glass bottles! Reclaim at least SOME of my work area...)

Not bead-related, but... Make sure to LABEL sheets of Bullseye vs. sheets of glass for stained glass. One is fusible. One is NOT.

Never ask the salesman in the art gallery/store downtown about some of the glass pieces. He has NO idea what he's talking about. If you REALLY want to see more, just ask for a business card and look up the artist's other work on your own.