View Single Post
Old 2013-06-25, 8:01am
maybe tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebead View Post
A picture tells a thousand words! The pictures explain things so much better for this visual learner. Could I impose by asking you to take similar pictures for the disc and donut shaper and possibly the lentil shaper too, pretty please? Thanks
How weird. I responded to this a few days ago. Or at least I typed it all out. I seriously think I need some monitoring.

For the disk and sphere shaper, honestly, the picture would be just the same as the regular formers. You just need to be sure that you have the narrow, closed end of the depression facing you. Pick a spot that is close to the width of the glass on the mandrel, and spin it in place to shape.

The lentil shaper is not used by spinning in place like the others. For that one, Kim heats her glass, then presses one side into the shaper, heats again and presses the other side, then continues to heat and press alternate sides until she gets the lentil shape she wants. This will not necessarily give you the distinct sharp edge like some presses might, though I'd imagine that you could work it till you got that. I think it lends itself to a softer edge.

Does that help at all?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.