View Single Post
Old 2009-01-20, 9:38pm
Burning through glass

So, geeze, all I wanna see are some bead picts in action, and read some really really good test notes, which I'm dying to read and see....as much as everyonone else!

For me, I see some bitter-sweetness here in this thread.... Well, so what, big deal, the cost of this stuff is a drop in the bucket to try and 'play' with compared to the cost of trying out some new DH etc. for instance , I dont see the big deal in getting some glass to play with and decide if it works well with other glass, or for the artist for that matter....time will tell if it works well with the other glasses on the market, and besides, most artists wont gamble their reputation on a glass that hasn't been THOROUGHLY tested in their own studio, and cross referencing with other artists before their creations go out to the public anyway. It's good to play, and maybe there'll be some happy surprises along the way for all of us to learn from. It's too soon to be 'ruffled' over this glass....let's just see some work with it, and get some long-term constructive input.
That been said, I do think it's important to ask some questions about 'new' glass itself, as Sarah has pointed out as well as others. We all expect a certain 'safeness' in working glass, I'm not sure who mentioned the lead in glass (working the Satake glass for instance), I think that's a very valid question about asking what the makeup of a particular brand of glass is.....we need some basic background (well, I do anyway ).
Ok, where's the working pictures?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Changeable Jewelry, Murrini & MORE!

Custom Supplies:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

& Fine Art Beads & Jewelry:

&

Last edited by JetAge Studio; 2009-01-20 at 10:10pm.