View Single Post
Old 2009-08-27, 4:44pm
Forever P~P~P :0)

Well.... I've only been melting glass for about 4 weeks now and I've only been burnt twice while making beads. The 1st one was during my first beginner lesson when I pulled a hot glob of scumming glass off a rod, put it on the table and then decided to pick it up with my fingers to move it....WRONG... The 2nd one happened when I was working on a bead at home, trying to poke a dimple in a flower for that all important bubble and left the pick in too long and it got stuck. When I blew on it to loosen it, I blew out my torch (Hot Head), I then panicked...... dropped the mandrel w/partially done bead on my work station, turned the torch off, knocked the mandrel onto the floor, leaned over to pick it up, burnt my arm on the torch (torches stay hot even when their turned off....).... It was like the three stooges and Lucy all wrapped into one...... I'm just thank-full I didn't catch my hair on fire (which is almost waist long but I keep it pulled back, but sometimes my ponytail comes swooshing around when I put my beadS in the crock pot).....THATS ALL!!

Oh Ya...... I received my 3rd degree burn when I tried to brand myself with the hot motor thingy on the pressure washer when I was washing my dirt bike. I think that one took months to heal......

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sandy
No hurry ~ no worries ~ unless its hot & drippy..!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hot Head & big BBQ tank of propane!

awesome banner by Knatty Dreadz!! WE MISS YOU!

Last edited by sansan239s; 2009-08-27 at 4:46pm. Reason: added more