View Single Post
Old 2016-01-29, 8:47pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
You are making me think. I have a shield, and while I love not having to wear two pair of glasses, or glasses and clipons, the shield is kind of dark. I have been thinking about looking for a lighter one, but now I wonder if I won't like it.

I haven't actually found a lighter one the same size yet, but I have been scouting a little for one.
Do you have a glass shield or a plastic shield? The shields used to be glass until two or three years ago (or maybe that is four or five years ago), and now they are plastic. I have glass and plastic and will try to do some sort of comparison.

If it is glass you need, I've been looking for a while, and I may have found a source today. Usually, the vendors have them as special order items and when they go to order them, find out they are not available. Last I heard, Arrow Springs may have a sheet or two in the smaller size (4.5" x 5.0"), but you have to contact them. If it is plastic you need, my usual source is Phillips, but there is an eBay seller who shows up occasionally and will take a "Best Offer". The plastic sheets are listed at exactly 1/2 the price of the glass sheets.

I'm on my way out of town, so can't work with the sheets anymore, but some pictures are attached. The 6" x 6" square is plastic and the broken piece is glass. First picture is flat against a white background. Second two are held up to a ceiling light. Last two are pieces held away from the white background.
Attached Images

Last edited by De Anza Art Glass Club; 2016-01-29 at 9:18pm.