View Single Post
Old 2012-11-06, 5:55am
I like fire....

Thank you all for the information. I do know a little about the safety and usage of welding equipment. I have been using welding equipment for over 40 years. I had safety drilled in my head long ago. The reason I asked this question is really simple. I was not sure how much oxy I would go thru and knowing these set up run a low pressure like 5-15 pounds....
I was recently at a Hospital with my father for testing and saw those smaller oxy tanks on the back of wheel chairs for people to use to breath and thought - wow those are nice and small. I bet one of those would work well for torching and take up so much less space and still I would be able to move easily since my back is pretty messed up from the last car accident.
So I talked with a welding expert I know and then formed these questions. This has never been about getting a more efficient torch, I have no choice in the torch, as it is a gift (but I believe it will be a Mega Minor). I used my fathers Minor recently and felt very good about the way it worked. I am confident that if I do get the Mega, it will do everything I need for a very long time.
Thanks again every one.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by nwmud; 2012-11-06 at 5:57am.