View Single Post
Old 2013-09-28, 1:01pm
Salt Box Beads

Default More photos

We decided to use an RV type system since FEMA remapped us into a 50 year flood zone and said we needed to have an 18" deep foundation if we added electricity to the shed.
So we went ahead and wired the shed but it will not have electricity to it until I plug in the building just like at an RV park.

The studio is very close to our house for several reasons.

First is to run the electric to an RV post unit that will be directly across the walkway from the plug on the outside of the studio which is to the left of the door and connects directly to the box inside.

Our electrician is going to run the electrical from the front of the house, under the house and out through a vent right above the ground on the house which is directly across the walkway allowing us easy access to the plug on the outside of the studio.

Second is so that I can close off the upper 6' patio fencing and keep Daphne with me for safety/protection.

I can also see the house easily and keep an eye on my mother if she has to come and stay with us or live with us.

After a session and while the kiln is running I will be able to watch the digital readout from the patio doors in the living room through the studio window where the kiln will be.

A lot of thought went into planning this studio and it sure feels good to see it finally being finished.

I know other peeps have waited years for their studios also and it is SWEET when it is finally done isn't it?!!!

More pics to come...
Attached Images

Last edited by Lorraine Chandler; 2013-09-28 at 5:55pm.