View Single Post
Old 2011-04-05, 4:13pm
da General

Duane - sorry about not seeing that you are making marble. Sometimes hot colors are more finicky encased (in marble, surrounded by lots of clear!
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
) . . . When I took Loren Stump's butterfly murrini class, he cautions us on using hot colors (reds, oranges, yellows) for our murrini for it varies from batch to batch and the cracks don't show up until everything is clear encased four days later! Two of the butterfly murrinis made in our class did crack - one with yellow and the other with red!

Also there were a couple of posts a while back that someone did have trouble with using Aether in marble. Let me see if I can find it for you.

ETA:

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Perhaps you can email Jed at Double Helix and ask if he has any recommendations?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|

Last edited by Hayley; 2011-04-05 at 4:17pm.