Thread: Kilns in Canada
View Single Post
Old 2014-04-03, 8:07am
Gay rights R human rights

I went through this nightmare myself when one of my neighbours called the cops on me (they thought I was cooking meth for Christ's sake because of my propane hose). I was so upset because I know Mike and Pam make the best kilns and use quality CSA approved parts. Unfortunately that is not enough for the Canadian government.

I was told that I could have the kiln tested so it could be certified. However, the test is almost $2000 with no guarantees that it will pass. I was heartbroken but I had no choice but to sell my kiln to a gentleman in Washington state. I now have a paragon bluebird xl as it is CSA approved.

In no way is this issue any fault of Mike and Pam. It would be way too expensive for them to have the kilns and processes certified. The volume of business just wouldn't justify it.

If I didn't have electrical inspectors breathing down my neck, I would have never gotten rid of my kiln.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bravo torch with 2 ex20's