View Single Post
Old 2021-02-19, 9:47pm

I brought up changing the electrical panel a couple of years ago to the landlord because it is so old and scary and also unpowered for modern living but it never happened. Everything is so expensive around here I’m not going to pay to update it but if it was updated I wouldn’t mind adding a breaker for the art studio and hard wiring it. The Honda inverter generators run pretty quietly but I definitely couldn’t be out there all night and it would limit my work hours.

I called Kiss my glass today and they don’t have any useable concentrators in stock. They said Covid has hit the concentrator market hard. ABR has such mixed reviews on equipment so I’m not too sure about going through them but it looks like they have some in stock. At this point I’m just kind of thinking everything over and deciding if it’s really feasible to set up my studio here. I might talk to the landlord again about the electric and also using the space for glass work. I never told her or really thought about it initially because I was so excited to set up shop again and never needed special permission to blow glass in the past but I’m thinking now I should run it by her for liability/insurance issues if I decide to proceed with anything. Unfortunately renting studio space somewhere with Covid is out of the question and it looks like Revere glass shut down which is an hour from my house but the closest lampworking spot I’m aware of where you can rent space.

Last edited by earthtones; 2021-02-19 at 9:49pm.